Sunday, April 6, 2008

OpenOffice.org 2

While I am on the subject of open source programs that are great replacements for the more expensive name brands, I thought I would bring up Open Office Suites 2. This next paragraph is from their web site:

"OpenOffice.org 2 is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. It stores all your data in an international open standard format and can also read and write files from other common office software packages. It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any purpose."

I use this program for my office suite, and it is great. Easy to use, and free. It has all the same functions of that other companies program (the one with MS in the title). Check it out, and see if it meets your needs. It's available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

No comments: